10.26.2012

EPILOGUE

It's a relief to finally see all of these images together. This project has been in progress and in my head
since I was 24 years old; I started shooting it over two years ago. I've never worked this way before,
where I don't even see any negatives until weeks or months after they were shot, and it was interesting
and refreshing. The power of hindsight is something that had an important role in this project.

The intention has been to make a book all along. I'm going to take a couple of days off to get started on 
a couple of other things and then I'll get going on the layout and the writing. This blog has been a great
sketchbook, a nice visual bulletin board for the images and some things I was thinking about and
reading/listening to while I worked on getting everything scanned. I'm hoping to add a lot more original
text to the book, so that's what I'll be working on starting Monday.

In the meantime, I have a lot of film from my travels with Frank Armstrong this summer that's been
waiting patiently. I also photographed my friend Adam and his wife Morgan on the lobster boat he 
skippers and she sterns on in September. So, there are more images on the way, and I truly hope
that will always be the case. Thanks so much for all of your support and for following this weird 
narrative as I unfolded it. Feel free to contact me at cadeoverton@gmail.com with any questions,
comments, feedback, or print requests. Anything on this blog is available in print form, so get in touch
if you are interested and we'll talk.

Love always,

Cade

No comments:

Post a Comment