10.26.2012

67











Richmond, Virginia. April 2012.

The End.

"Try to swallow while you're still young
that your dick's too short to fuck the world"

-Titus Andronicus, "In a Small Body"


"It's not that I wanted to hurt you
I just didn't care if I did
It is not that I just forgot you
Also, I forgot everything else
It is not that I do not love you
it's just that I hate everyone
It's not that I wanted to hurt you
I just didn't care if I did
what I did, I did - who I am, I am
Then a stupid kid, now a stupid man"

-Titus Andronicus, "Tried to Quit Smoking"


"I leave Sisyphus at the foot of the mountain. One always finds one's burden again.
But Sisyphus teaches the higher fidelity that negates the gods and raises rocks.
He too concludes that all is well. This universe henceforth without a master
seems to him neither sterile nor futile. Each atom of that stone, each mineral flake
of that night-filled mountain, in itself, forms a world. The struggle itself toward the heights
is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy."

-Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

No comments:

Post a Comment