3.20.2020


Suddenly we are all in the wilderness - I find myself at home, unsure of what to do, worried about my family. Yesterday I paid too much attention, looked at my phone too many times, and by noon I felt like my head would explode, and all I could think about was my daughter and the type of pain I hope I never have to actually feel. Last night I suddenly remembered reading The Plague by Albert Camus years ago and I shuddered involuntarily. Now I don't know if I'll be going back to work on Monday. Maybe you don't either. My wife, who is a librarian, is in our living room as I write this, filming herself reading children's stories to upload to the community via social media while our daughter naps. I take pictures. Here are some pictures I have taken. I'll post some more every day-ish. The above photo was taken looking into the Pemigewasset Wilderness in the White Mountains from Mt. Liberty on Ilford HP5 film with a Nikkormat camera given to me by a friend.

Yesterday I left work at noon after a grim little gathering next to a big toolbox where we all looked at our feet and wondered what was going to happen. On the way home I stopped next to the Smith River and walked around in the rain for a little while. I saw this:


Stay calm. Listen to Against Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment